About Our COVID-19 Testing
Two types of tests are available for COVID-19:
This test is performed by taking a small amount of blood. Results are available quickly.
Antibody tests detect if you have previously been exposed to the COVID-19 virus and your body has already developed antibodies to fight the infection.
- Rapid results – often in less than 15 minutes
- The results are reliable (sensitivities and specificities above 90%)
- A positive result means your body has already been exposed to the virus and developed antibodies
- A negative result means your body has not developed antibodies to fight the infection
- This test cannot tell you if you currently have an active infection
VIRAL PCR TEST
Results take approximately 24 hours.
- The tests are not as specific as the antibody test (a negative test does not tell you for sure that you do not have the virus)
- The test is highly sensitive (a positive result is very reliable that you have the virus)
COVID-19 Risk Screening
If you would like to get tested for COVID-19, complete our quick screener based on public health guildelines. Based on the responses you will learn whether you qualify for testing through this program.
Important: If you are experiencing severe symptoms, please visit the ER immediately.